Club News - Regular Program
If you would like to receive club information by email, please register your name and email address with us by subscribing to our newsletter on the home page.
Dakota Karate Club – December 29, 2023.
Ranking Examination - Thursday, Dec.14, 2023
The Ranking Examination class will begin at 6:30pm sharp with a short training class immediately followed by student examinations. Applications to examine must be submitted on or before Dec. 11. All students are encouraged to attend the short training class. All students examining must attend this class.
Ranking Examination Schedule:
- 6:30 – 7:15 PM - Pre-Examination Training Class (students examining MUST attend)
- 7:15 – 8:30 PM - Ranking Examination (younger students will be dismissed as early as possible)
Should I Grade? Taking an examination is a privilege gained through training and a personal decision that should be based on your own development and confidence.
- Examinations for Yellow, Orange and Green belts require a minimum of 3 continuous months of training between grading.
- Examinations for Purple and Brown belts require a minimum of 6 continuous months training between grading.
Eligible students must pre-register for the examination by completing and submitting, with payment, the TKIC Examination Form.
TKIC Examination Fees are as follows:
- $35.00 for students examining for: 8 kyu (yellow), 7 kyu (orange) belts
- $50.00 for students examining for: 6 kyu (green), 5 & 4 kyu (purple) belts
- $60.00 for students examining for: 3, 2 & 1 kyu (brown) belts
Ranking Examination results will be announced during the last class of the session on Dec18
Sensei Kelly Neale