Club News - Regular Program
If you would like to receive club information by email, please register your name and email address with us by subscribing to our newsletter on the home page.
December 2018 Newsletter
Ranking Examinations - December 13, 2018 (7pm start)
Should I Grade? Taking an examination is a privilege gained through training and a personal decision that should be based on your own development and confidence. Guidelines for training frequency are:
- Examinations for Yellow, Orange and Green belts require a minimum of 3 continuous months of training between grading.
- Examinations for Purple and Brown belts require a minimum of 6 continuous months training between grading.
Ranking examination classes begin at 7:00pm sharp with a short training class immediately followed by the student examinations. ALL students are encouraged to attend the training class, however students planning on examining must attend the training class.
TKIC Examination Fees are as follows:
- $35.00 for students examining for: 8 kyu (yellow), 7 kyu (orange) belts
- $50.00 for students examining for: 6 kyu (green), 5 & 4 kyu (purple) belts
- $60.00 for students examining for: 3, 2 & 1 kyu (brown) belts
Ranking Examination Class Schedule:
- 6:15 – 7:00 PM - Little Tigers Assessment
- 7:00 – 8:00 PM - Pre-Examination Training Class (Students examining MUST attend)
- 8:00 – 9:00 PM - Ranking Examination (younger students will be dismissed as early as possible)
Examination Requirements - View here
Children's Holiday Party, Ranking Results and Club Awards - December 15, 2018
This year, the Children's Holiday Party, Club Awards and Ranking Results will be held on Saturday, December 15, 2018 in the Dakota Community Centre Gym from 1:00PM to 3:00PM.
Students are welcome to bring family and friends to this event. Ranking results for those students who examined will be announced and club awards will be presented to a beginner student (youth & adult) and a most improved student (youth & adult) as well as the club service award, and the dojo award to a student who has demonstrated the five principles of Karate.
Winter classes will begin on January 7, 2019